Can you name one or two items that you own in which you can categorically say
“this is one of the best things I’ve ever bought!”
“I can’t live without this!”
I’ve listed here three things I consider to be my best purchases, and their reasons for it:
- MacBook Pro. Ultra fast, does everything I need, it’s never let me down. Not once.
- Canon 550D First proper Digital SLR camera I ever bought, easy to use, fantastic images. Always works.
- Coffee Machine, It’s paid for itself (v Costa/Starbucks!), instant drink, costs a fraction against retail coffee!
This is an experiment, to compile feedback from Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) regarding things that you folks consider to be their favourite or best items or belongings.
So far, what’s interesting is the lack of things I expected to be said, such as mobile phones, TVs or games consoles. Not one person has said one of these things! What does that say about trustworthiness and the reliability of those items?
Leave a message below, and I’ll update the list depending on the comments left!
UPDATE: Some answers given (besides your friends and family!) as follows:
- Audi A3. Been a dream to drive since I bought it. No problems ever.
- GoPro HERO3. Battery sucks, but for its size, it packs a punch!
- Nutri Bullet. Kitchen blender that does soup, smoothies, ice cream. Fast and good for you.
- Sony PSP. Totally out of date, but hacked to play games off a 32GB Memory Card, 20+ games for kids car journeys.
- Blue Yeti Microphone. IT IS one of the best things I’ve ever bought!
- SoundMAGIC E10M in-ear headphones. Really comfortable. Excellent frequency response. In-line iPhone control.
- Laptop. Use it to communicate with friends, research, purchase items online, read e-books, code websites, watch TV
Channel 5’s Big Brother: Power Trip launched on June 5th 2014 with over 2.27 million people watching Launch Part 1 on Thursday, and over 1.87 million watching Launch Part 2 on Friday. The launch show marked a 3% increase in viewing figures compared to 2013’s Secrets And Lies theme which had 2.20 million viewers. Big Brother came up against the World Cup on Saturday 14th June where 14.7 million people watched England play against Italy, resulting in audience viewing figures of just 1.16 million for Big Brother. However, the next evening came in at 1.43 million, with the rest of the following week averaging 1.47 million. Viewing figures for Big Brother: Power Trip averaged 1.48 million throughout June. The below chart shows the regular daily rise and fall of viewing figures throughout June, comparing 2012, 2013 and 2014:
More to come…
* figures taken from BARB.co.uk website.