Please read this Disclaimer
Channel 5’s Big Brother: Power Trip launched on June 5th 2014 with over 2.27 million people watching Launch Part 1 on Thursday, and over 1.87 million watching Launch Part 2 on Friday. The launch show marked a 3% increase in viewing figures compared to 2013’s Secrets And Lies theme which had 2.20 million viewers. Big Brother came up against the World Cup on Saturday 14th June where 14.7 million people watched England play against Italy, resulting in audience viewing figures of just 1.16 million for Big Brother. However, the next evening came in at 1.43 million, with the rest of the following week averaging 1.47 million. Viewing figures for Big Brother: Power Trip averaged 1.48 million throughout June. The below chart shows the regular daily rise and fall of viewing figures throughout June, comparing 2012, 2013 and 2014:
More to come…
* figures taken from BARB.co.uk website.
The last back-up disc for Celebrity Big Brother, January 2014.
- Over 3’290 of these back-up discs were used over the 27-day series (not including 3 days of rehearsals!)
- The back-up discs recorded over 12 MILLION seconds of HD coverage.
- The camera crews behind the mirrors pushed five heavy cameras more than 70 MILES in total.
- Every door, lightbulb and electrical appliance is controlled by Big Brother.
- There were 63 one-way mirrors in this version of the Big Brother house.
- There were 40 remote-control cameras operated by ONE person this series.
- There were more than 90 microphones used above beds, sinks, showers, toilets, sofas and the pool.
- Entire walls were hinged so they could be opened, so large Task sets could be taken in and out.
- A Runner sneaks in at night and cleans all the windows!
- A HUGE security team monitor the entire complex 24/7, even when the show is finished, and between series.